Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Guidelines for machinable parcels, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- Machinable parcels have a regular shape but,…they are too large or too rigid to qualify USPS Flat.…They are however, of a size, weight and shape…that can still be processed by a machine.…Many marketing kits and promotional materials…are sent in parcel formats to get attention.…It can be a great strategy for targeted marketing campaigns.…So the smallest machinable parcel would be 6 inches long,…by 3 inches high and quarter of an inch thick,…with a weight of at least 6 ounces.…On the high end, the maximum size…for a regular parcel to be machinable is…27 inches long by 17 inches high by 17 inches thick…and weighing as much as 35 pounds.…
Unless its books or printed matter,…then it can only be 25 pounds.…By the way two or more packages…can be mailed as a single parcel…if they are about the same size and shape.…If they are securely wrapped or fastened together…and if they don't together…exceed the weight or size limit for parcels.…So what if you need to mail something…that doesn't fit these specifications?…There are two other kinds of parcels.…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 27m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.