Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Envelope styles, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- There are many different envelope styles to choose from,…and there are common uses for all of them.…So here's a quick overview.…The commercial or official envelope…is a very popular style that is sized…for business and personal correspondence…and comes in a few different seam and flap options.…The most popular size in the US is the…number 10 commercial envelope,…which measures nine 1/2 inches by four 1/8 inches.…Window envelopes are most commonly used…for transactional mail or bills and invoices,…but they can also be used in more decorative ways, as well.…
There are several window styles to choose from.…To learn about all the different window options available,…watch the window envelopes movie in this chapter.…Booklet envelopes are generally for bound materials,…like booklets and catalogs or multi-page inserts.…Characteristically, the seams are at the sides…and the flap is at the top for ease…during the auto-insertion process.…Catalog envelopes are for catalogs and annual reports…and other bound or multi-page materials.…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Advertising Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.