Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing reply mail, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- Sending mail with a ride-along postage paid…response mechanism, like a business reply card or envelope,…makes it really easy for your customers…to send you the information or the payment that you want.…In turn, the customer appreciates not having to hunt…for an envelope and a stamp.…Though convenient and effective,…reply mail can be a challenge to design…because there are several required graphics to deal with…and a handful of rules.…In this movie, we're going to cover the required components,…and I'll give you the links to some useful tools…and resources that will make things a lot easier, too.…
First, let's talk terminology.…If you're designing reply mail, of if you hang around…people who do, you'll hear a lot of reply mail…acronyms flying around.…So before we start talking design,…let's first just make sure we all have a good grasp…of the language of reply mail.…BRM stands for Business Reply Mail.…BRM are postage paid, pre-printed First-Class Mail materials…where the sender pays the postage…only on the responses they receive.…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 27m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.