Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing postcards, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- Cards and post cards are single sheet mail pieces,…and one side holds the address and postage and the barcode.…But with such a small amount of real estate to begin with,…designers always want to know where the mailing panel goes,…and the least amount of space they need to allocate for it.…They also want to know how to set up their artwork,…and where the clear zones are.…Clear zones are areas that must remain clear…of all graphics and press coatings so…they can receive inkjet printing or labels.…So I'm going to make this really simple.…For the address area, you need to leave an area…that is 2 3/4 of an inch square,…anchored in the lower right corner of the mailing panel.…
By the way, this also applies to folded self mailers.…You also need to leave a minimum of 5/8 of an inch…of vertical clear space at the bottom.…This is the barcode clear zone.…To be safe, make the width of the…clear space go all the way across.…The width can't be less than 4 3/4 of an inch however.…There can be no printed border either.…It must be completely clear of ink because…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Advertising Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 26m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.