Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing folded mail, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- So for those of you who don't know my background,…let's just say folded formats are one of my strong points.…I've spent almost 20 years researching folded formats,…so I'm going to show off a bit in this movie…and share with you some of my favorite formats for mail.…From the simple to the entirely over the top.…I do need to remind you that letter-sized folded…self-mailers have very special requirements…and very particular placement…and orientation of the mailing panel.…I cover all of the requirements…for folded self-mailers in chapter one.…If your folded mail is going to be…auto-inserted into an envelope, talk to your printer first…to make sure the format is not going…to be problematic during the insertion process.…
Lastly, some of the specialty formats I'll…be sharing are square, so a reminder that…square letter-sized mail is not machineable…and is charged an additional 21 cents more per piece.…Square flat-size mail does not have the same issue.…However, flat rates are higher.…Some square specialty formats can…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Advertising Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.