Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing envelope mail, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- In this course, there's an entire chapter…dedicated to envelopes, and that's because…envelopes play a very big role in mail.…In chapter four, I cover the different styles of envelopes,…envelope materials, and give tons of ideas…about how to make your envelopes more engaging.…In this movie, however, I want to quickly go over…the guidelines for placing artwork on envelopes.…Marketers always want to know where you can place…color and graphics or a typographical element.…The addition of color and graphics and messages…can help the envelope get opened,…and that's a big deal.…The envelope has to get opened.…
I want to start with a blanket statement…that creativity is greatly affected by class of mail.…If you're sending standard automation mail,…you're going to have some limitations on your creativity,…and you're not going to want to take any chances.…Whatever it is that you want to do,…you'll just need to get it approved before production…to avoid losing your desirable and hard-earned…automation postage rates.…Now, if you're sending first class mail,…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 26m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.