Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Creative envelope ideas, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- An envelope protects its contents,…and can carry multiple items in one package,…but what if the envelope never gets opened?…Yikes, well we don't want that.…Here are a few great ideas…to make your envelopes irresistible.…Try adding color, adding color to your envelope…can be an effective way to attract attention.…You can so something as simple as printing…a message in color on a white envelope,…or you can print full color solids and imagery…all the way around for maximum impact.…Add a texture, an envelope made of a textured paper…feels different and looks different,…and takes advantage of the sensory side of mail.…
The great thing about texture is that you don't even…have to be looking at the mail you're carrying…from your mailbox to realize…that there's something special going on, you can feel it.…Add special finishes, staying in the texture category,…you can use different print effects to create…textural and visual effects on the envelope.…UV coatings are especially exciting in soft touch,…high gloss, glitter and sand paper effects.…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 27m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.