Oracle 12c is the leading relational database management system. Learn the fundamentals for installation, configuration, and administration of an Oracle database.
- Hi, I'm David Yahalom, and welcome to Oracle 12c Database Fundamentals. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals required to become an Oracle 12c Database expert. We will take a deep dive into the Oracle 12c architecture, learn how to install the Oracle 12c Database software, configure and start the Oracle 12c Instance, and basically learn everything required from a theoretical as well as a hands-on perspective to start your career as an Oracle expert.
I'll start by explaining the Oracle 12c Database architecture, and how the different individual components act together to enable one of the world's most powerful databases. We will continue with a deep dive into the Oracle Instance, explaining the purpose of the Oracle Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and outer components, as well as review the different background processes Oracle utilizes for database processing. We will continue by exploring the different Oracle storage structures, both physical as well as logical, and learn the functions of tablespaces, data files, Redo Logs, and more.
After we've got the conceptual basics explained, and got a good handle on the Oracle 12c architecture, we will review how to install and configure the Oracle Database as well as the various tools used to manage and work with Oracle. So grab some coffee, get ready, as the fun's about to start.
After completing this course, you'll have fundamentals required for installation, configuration, and administration of an Oracle 12c database.
- Database instance and storage
- Instance memory pools
- Instance background processes
- Client connections
- Database storage file types
- Control files and backup files
- Multitenant databases
- Starting and stopping the database
- Installing Oracle 12c software
- Using the developer tools
- Database management
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
2. Instance Memory Pools
3. Instance Background Processes
4. Client Connections
5. Physical Database Structures
6. Mulitenant Database
7. Start and Stop the Database
8. Install Oracle 12c software
9. Create a Database Instance
Use DBCA to create a database14m 55s
10. Tools for Developers and DBAs
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.