In this video we will introduce SQL*Plus, the most widely used and fudemental tool for interacting with the Oracle database
- [Instructor] Working with the Oracle database…we have several tools at our disposal.…Some of them are more custom tailored…toward DBAs while others are geared towards developers.…Let's talk about the most basic and fundamental tool…allowing us to interact with the Oracle database.…That tool is called sequel plus.…We can start sequel plus by either typing…sequel plus directly into the terminal window,…pressing enter will prompt us to specify a database…username and database password.…
You can type system and the password…for the system user which we specified…during our Oracle database instance creation process.…And we are connected to the Oracle database.…We can see that sequel plus provided us…with some useful information such as the version…of the Oracle database we connected to.…Oracle database 12C enterprise edition…release 126.96.36.199.0, 64 beat and production.…
We can quit sequel plus any time by pressing quit and enter.…We can also supply the username and password…in the terminal window by writing sequel plus…
After completing this course, you'll have fundamentals required for installation, configuration, and administration of an Oracle 12c database.
- Database instance and storage
- Instance memory pools
- Instance background processes
- Client connections
- Database storage file types
- Control files and backup files
- Multitenant databases
- Starting and stopping the database
- Installing Oracle 12c software
- Using the developer tools
- Database management
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
2. Instance Memory Pools
3. Instance Background Processes
4. Client Connections
5. Physical Database Structures
6. Mulitenant Database
7. Start and Stop the Database
8. Install Oracle 12c software
9. Create a Database Instance
Use DBCA to create a database14m 58s
10. Tools for Developers and DBAs
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.