This video lists the three O/S configurations you have to perform before you can install Oracle 12c
- [Instructor] The next step in our path…for the Oracle 12c installation is to set…the required environment variables for the operating…system Oracle user.…Remember, the Oracle software and the Oracle instance…will both be running under the Oracle operating system…user, which we have created in the previous video.…There are some environment variables we have to set up…inside the operating system so that the Oracle user…can function properly.…Let's review them one by one.…
The first environment variable we have to configure…is the Oracle underscore host name environment variable.…That will be equal to our physical server host name.…The next environment variable is the Oracle unq name,…or unique name, which should be equal to the name…we want to have for our database.…The next environment variable is oracle underscore base,…which should be set to the directory we created earlier…where we want the Oracle software to be installed.…
The next environment variable is the Oracle underscore…home environment variable.…
After completing this course, you'll have fundamentals required for installation, configuration, and administration of an Oracle 12c database.
- Database instance and storage
- Instance memory pools
- Instance background processes
- Client connections
- Database storage file types
- Control files and backup files
- Multitenant databases
- Starting and stopping the database
- Installing Oracle 12c software
- Using the developer tools
- Database management
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
2. Instance Memory Pools
3. Instance Background Processes
4. Client Connections
5. Physical Database Structures
6. Mulitenant Database
7. Start and Stop the Database
8. Install Oracle 12c software
9. Create a Database Instance
Use DBCA to create a database14m 58s
10. Tools for Developers and DBAs
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.