This video describes how the multitenant architecture of Oracle 12c allows for backward compatibility with existing applications.
- [Lecturer] Even with all that great…new multitenant technology backed into Oracle 12C,…Oracle has manage to keep Oracle 12C…completely backward compatible.…Even if you decide to enable…the new multitenant architecture,…existing applications can easily migrate…from working with an Oracle 11G database…to an Oracle 12C database.…You see that quote?…That's directly from the Oracle menu,…so I'm not making it up.…You can go from a model where your existing applications…or users are working with an Oracle 11G database,…with the traditional database for instance approach,…and easily move these users…to an upgraded Oracle 12C database.…
Just copy the Oracle 11G database,…and create it as a PDB…in the new Oracle 12C container database.…The user will connect to the PDB.…From the user's perspective, nothing was changed.…But from our perspective,…we can now consolidate multiple users…and multiple applications to the same container database…under Oracle 12C, each with their own PDB,…making our life so much easier…in terms of daily database management overhead,…
After completing this course, you'll have fundamentals required for installation, configuration, and administration of an Oracle 12c database.
- Database instance and storage
- Instance memory pools
- Instance background processes
- Client connections
- Database storage file types
- Control files and backup files
- Multitenant databases
- Starting and stopping the database
- Installing Oracle 12c software
- Using the developer tools
- Database management
Skill Level Beginner
2. Instance Memory Pools
3. Instance Background Processes
4. Client Connections
5. Physical Database Structures
6. Mulitenant Database
7. Start and Stop the Database
8. Install Oracle 12c software
9. Create a Database Instance
Use DBCA to create a database14m 58s
10. Tools for Developers and DBAs
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.