Join Alan Simon as he shows how to build a top-notch enterprise data team, evaluate your data architecture, solicit feedback from business users and IT staff, and create a plan to manage your data going forward. He helps you build a portfolio of projects that align with business needs, and migrate your current data into a more modern big data environment.
- Compare and contrast big data technology and data warehousing.
- Explain the pros and cons of implementing enterprise big data technology.
- Understand the benefits of using a data-architecture team.
- Differentiate between master facts and master data.
- Identify the strategies used to sell a portfolio of data management initiatives.
- Recognize the roles and skills of each member of a data team.
- Recall the information required in a maturity model.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Alan Simon and welcome to The Modern Enterprise Data Environment. In this course, we'll look at how your organization can modernize your current data management capabilities through a combination of big data technology as well as addressing many of the longstanding issues found within the data environments of your operational applications and systems. I'll start by exploring the enterprise data landscape and describe what you need to consider as you look at your current environment and make critical decisions about what steps you need to take to modernize your data management capabilities.
Next, we'll take a look at how to put together the best enterprise data team possible and how this team could work with business users and IT staff members from across your enterprise to determine the most pressing data management problems that need to be addressed. We'll then look at how you build your initial portfolio of data management projects and how to make sure that those technology-oriented efforts are aligned with key business projects and imperatives to gain maximum support. We'll also take a deeper look at the role of big data in the modern enterprise data environment and how to effectively and efficiently migrate and integrate your current capabilities into your big data environments.