Join Chris DallaVilla for an in-depth discussion in this video The time for machine learning (ML) is now, part of Machine Learning for Marketing: Essential Training.
- One thing is without a doubt, digital transformation is happening in a big, big way in companies all around the world. Customer experience and customer centricity initiatives are beginning to take root everywhere. Marketing is at the epicenter of these movements and machine learning has a lot to offer. So what is machine learning exactly? If I only had a crystal ball, I could predict the future. That would be nice, right? That's the promise of machine learning. That's what it can provide.
Machine learning empowers marketing applications to have the ability to predict outcomes and identify information. Take IBM's Watson as an example. Remember when the computer beat the two contestants on the game show Jeopardy a few year ago? It accomplished this by educating itself by reading Wikipedia and other resources. The team at IBM fed the algorithm that data and in turn, the algorithm taught itself. You can apply this type of thinking to nearly any problem. Need to build greater awareness for your brand? ML can help.
Need to reduce churn for your paying customers? ML can play a role. Need to drive advocacy and word of mouth? Yep, you guessed it, ML can help you to do it. And those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Machine learning will become the underlying infrastructure that will accelerate automation. The New York Times noted that it's estimated at 49% of the time spent on work activities today can be automated. Automation offers the advantage of lowering costs and increasing returns.
So this is an area that every business on the planet should carefully be considering. The time for machine learning is now. It's affordable, it's powerful, and it's the natural evolution to improve marketing efficacy. As organizations adopt agile marketing practices at scale, one of the areas they will be ready to tackle is this next stage in marketing's evolution. It will help you to move faster and create more significant results for your business and for your brand.
The course is organized this way. I'll take you through how ML can help your marketing and then I'll show you how it can be done. We will toggle back and forth between use cases and demonstrations. In the first half of this course, we'll focus on machine learning workflow. In the second half, we'll focus on machine driven services. If you're not technical, that's okay. I'm gonna walk you through things each step of the way. If you are technical, that's okay too. The goal is to make sure everyone in marketing shares the same baseline of information.
- Improving market awareness
- Improving consideration engagement
- Improving active customer engagement
- Improving advocacy
- Improve account-based marketing (ABM)