Learn how edge analytics fits alongside big data, traditional data warehousing, and other analytical environments.
- [Narrator] Edge Analytics have become the foundation of an exciting and powerful new class of applications in this era of the Internet of Things, or IoT. Hi, I'm Alan Simon. I've been specializing in data management and analytics for many years both for consulting clients as well as in my teaching at Arizona State University. In this course, we'll explore the underlying technology that makes Edge Analytics possible both hardware and software. I'll show you several frameworks you can use to plan and build your organization's Edge Analytics applications.
We'll cover examples of Edge Analytics at work in several real world settings. I'm going to show you why Edge Analytics are extremely powerful by themselves as well as when they work alongside big data environments. So let's get started with Edge Analytics.
- Define edge analytics.
- Compare big data analytics and edge analytics.
- Identify examples of edge analytics at work in nature.
- Describe the stages of edge analytics frameworks.
- Explore the EdgeX Foundry framework for edge analytics.
- Provide examples of digital video data refinement and enrichment.
- List classes of analytics typically found in an edge analytics environment.
- Identify the objectives of edge analytics when applied to manufacturing.