Learn about the security-relevant characteristics of vulnerability management and SIEM data and how it can contribute to improving network security.
- [Teacher] Vulnerability Management Systems present data…on weak areas in your network.…They also help you track vulnerabilities…until they get resolved.…One of the most fundamental types of data…produced by Vulnerability Management Systems…is a comprehensive list of software/hardware assets…in your network.…If you don't know what you own,…it's impossible to protect it.…By the way, this process of identifying your network assets…is referred to as enumeration.…
Once you know what assets you have in your network,…the next step is to check…if there are any known vulnerabilities associated with them.…The potential vulnerabilities…include outdated firmware or operating systems…as well as software box in general.…Leading VMs recommend…available patches, updates and upgrades…to fix the vulnerabilities once they are detected.…Vulnerability Management Systems and their sensors…can be deployed within a network…to thoroughly scan and continuously monitor…every asset behind your firewall.…
Another option is to treat your network as a black box…
- Network security concepts
- The basic functions of a firewall
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Using network data to improve security
- Using log servers to collect data
- Collecting application data
- Collecting OS data
- Network forensics
- Network security visualization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Network Security Review
2. Network Data Sources
3. Data Collection
4. Data Analytics
Network forensics2m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.