Learn about the differences between software architecture and software design.
- [Instructor] I want to now make another important distinction between software architecture and software design. This is to set the expectations right for this course. Software architecture focuses on creating the overall blueprint of a system or solution. The elements of software architecture include identification of modules and their responsibilities, interrelationship between modules, patterns, choice of technologies and products, systemwide choices for security, scalability, and fault tolerance.
Software design, on the other hand, focuses on detailed planning of individual elements in the system. The software design focuses include individual model design, classes and responsibilities, interface and API specification, sequence of actions, and exception handling. This course focuses on architecting software applications. It helps create application architecture blueprints for specific use cases.
We may explore some key design elements, but we will not get down to algorithms and programming.
There is no coding involved. Instead you will see how big data tools can help solve some of the most complex challenges for businesses that generate, store, and analyze large amounts of data. The use cases are drawn from a variety of industries, including ecommerce and IT. Instructor Kumaran Ponnambalam shows how to analyze a problem, draw an architectural outline, choose the right technologies, and finalize the solution. After each use case, he reviews related best practices for data acquisition, transport, processing, storage, and service. Each lesson is rich in practical techniques and insights from a developer who has experienced the benefits and shortcomings of these technologies firsthand.
- Components of a big data application
- Big data app development strategies
- Use cases: archiving audit logs and performing customer analytics
- Technology options
- Designing solutions
- Best practices
Skill Level Advanced
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Intro to Big Data Applications
2. Use Case 1: Data Warehouse (DW)
3. Use Case 2: Log Accumulation (LA)
4. Use Case 3: IT Operations Analytics (OA)
5. Use Case 4: Customer 360 (C360)
6. Use Case 5: Customer Analytics (CA)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.