Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video Score leads and customers, part of The Data Science of Retail, Sales, and Commerce.
- (Instructor) Wouldn't you like to find the people…who would most benefit from your product or services?…You can do that by assigning scores to your customers…or to your leads, that is, your potential customers.…There are several reasons you would want…to use scoring in your own marketing work.…Number one, of course, is better sales productivity.…By finding people who are genuinely interested…and prepared to purchase your product,…you're more likely to get a completed sale.…Similarly, you're more likely to have…an increased conversion rate.…People are more likely to engage with your business,…they're more likely to download papers, sign up for forums,…and really make that final purchase.…
Also, you'll have fewer opportunities lost…because you'll know the ones that you need to focus on,…and place less time on people who are less prepared…for your product or service.…All of this translates to an improved…sales Return On Investment,…which is the number one thing you're looking for…when you're using data to make your business…
- Data fundamentals
- Retail, sales, and marketing data
- Analyzing consumer sentiment
- Exploring market segmentation
- Evaluating leads and customers
- Getting recommendations from engines
- Pricing dynamically
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/02/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on data science careers in retail and sales.