Learn how to identify the different salary ranges for specific roles within the industry.
- [Instructor] Can you guess how much data science…and analytics professionals are making on the average…in terms of their annual salary?…Of course the salary numbers are always changing,…and a lot depends on where you are working…due to the cost of living differences.…The good news is that the sky's the limit.…Data science and analytics professionals…are at a high demand.…Therefore your salary potential will be higher than…or comparable to that of other high demand IT professionals,…such as cyber security experts.…
Because I know how difficult it is…to nail down salary statistics…due to its diverse and fluctuating nature…let me give you some anecdotal snapshots of how well…specific types of data science and analytics professionals…are getting paid.…For example, according to payscale.com,…entry level data scientists receive above $80,000 per year.…Mid-level data scientists make around 120k,…while senior data scientists bring home close to 150k.…
The bottom line here is that the salary prospects…of data science and analytics professionals are excellent.…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
Learning Data Science: Understanding the Basicswith Doug Rose1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.