Learn what SAS Certified Big Data Professional and SAS Certified Data Scientist certification is and how to get certified by analyzing its requirements, relevance to data science, and other details.
- [Instructor] SAS Institute is a multi-billion dollar…data analytics software company.…Its software products is called SAS.…Business users can get help during their decision-making…process by using the SAS software suite,…which allows them to effectively manage and analyze…their data.…SAS offers multiple tracks for their certification programs.…They are: certified big data professional;…advanced analytics certification;…and certified data scientist.…
The certified data scientist program subsumes…the certified big data professional credential.…This means that you're automatically qualified…as a certified big data professional if you earned…your destination as a certified data scientist.…The same goes for advanced analytics certification,…as you can see in the table.…Without a doubt, the SAS certifications revolves around…the SAS software suite to tackle big data…and analytics challenges, but they cover topics…well beyond the scope of teaching how to use SAS…by addressing other essential tools and concepts,…such as essential communication skills,…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.