Learn what Oracle Business Intelligence Certificate is and how to get certified by analyzing its requirements, relevance to data science, and other details.
- [Voiceover] Oracle Corporation is a database software and technology company. It also develops cloud engineering systems and enterprise software products. Oracle has a very active and diverse certification program. Among it's many tracks, the Oracle Business Intelligence, or OBI, certificate belongs to the Java and Middleware track. To earn the OBI certificate, candidates are tested for their knowledge on the OBI suite solutions, including OBI applications for Customer Relationship Management, or CRM, and Enterprise Resource Planning, or ERP.
More specifically, the certification exam tests the knowledge of an individual on installing, building and configuring BI dashboards, as well as making queries and managing the systems. There is no prerequisite for this certificate, which doesn't expire either. If you are a BI architect whose company is a member of the Oracle Partner Network, this is an excellent certification to have.
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and analytics, explores which markets are using big data the most, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the four leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why analytics is important
- How data science is used in social media, climate research, and more
- Data science skills
- Data science certifications
- The future of big data