Learn how to best split time, money, and staffing among different outreach and sales efforts, especially when there is no commission bonus.
- [Instructor] Your organization has to deal with a lot…of competing demands for limited resources…like time, money, and personnel.…Are you ever concerned…that you're not using those resources effectively?…Do things ever seem out of balance?…Well, optimization can provide useful guidance in achieving…the balance and productivity you want.…Optimization can be used to, for instance,…balance time and money spent on different ways…of reaching audiences.…So, for instance, you can invest…in social media advertising,…but you can also try targeted emails.…
Beyond that, you can do live calls to specific customers…or even in-person demonstrations.…Every one of these is a way of reaching out to an audience,…but some of them are much more…time-consuming than expensive than others…but also have higher conversation rates.…Optimization can help you find the balance…between these different methods of reaching out…and growing your audience.…Now, I should just mention,…optimization goes by a few different names.…Often, it's called mathematical optimization…
This course is a nontechnical overview that helps creative organizations use the principles of data science in practical ways. It's required viewing for those working in media, but is also appealing to anyone interested in how technology affects the world around us. Learn how to use data science to assess your target audience, optimize pricing and scheduling for events and digital products, identify piracy, protect your intellectual property, reward employees, and maximize your ROI. Incorporating some simple analytics can lead to broader audiences and richer experiences for your next creative endeavor.
- Assessing the audience for performing art and live digital media
- Optimizing prices for products and performances
- Splitting limited time, money, and staffing among different outreach and sales efforts
- Honoring the requirements of government grants and private donors
- Maximizing the social nature of live events like concerts and performances
- Using competitive and predictive analytics to schedule performances for greatest audience reach and potential revenue
- Understanding how data science can identify piracy and reduce lost revenue
- Incentivizing and rewarding staff and performers without incurring additional costs
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/02/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on data science careers in media and entertainment.