Learn about some key design issues and recommendations for the individual components within the operations analytics use case.
- [Instructor] We now deep dive into some…design elements for this use case.…Apache Pig is the centerpiece for this use case.…So let us focus on how we can make Apache Pig…to function in optimal manner.…We will discuss some hints of improving…Apache Pig performance in this video.…Apache Pig works by creating map reduce tasks internally.…So ideally, you want to generate…minimum number of such tasks.…
Also, you want to do as much work as possible…in the map operation and not in the reduce operation.…Different Pig commands trigger different…kinds of map reduce operations.…I recommend that you explore more about this command…to understand the underlying map reduce operations…and then optimize your design.…Apache Pig provides an EXPLAIN command…that shows you how Apache Pig converts the Pig command…into corresponding map reduce tasks.…
Use EXPLAIN to understand more…about internal Pig mechanisms.…Perform your filters as early as possible…so that you can eliminate data that you don't need.…This filter will reduce…processing requirements later down the road.…
There is no coding involved. Instead you will see how big data tools can help solve some of the most complex challenges for businesses that generate, store, and analyze large amounts of data. The use cases are drawn from a variety of industries, including ecommerce and IT. Instructor Kumaran Ponnambalam shows how to analyze a problem, draw an architectural outline, choose the right technologies, and finalize the solution. After each use case, he reviews related best practices for data acquisition, transport, processing, storage, and service. Each lesson is rich in practical techniques and insights from a developer who has experienced the benefits and shortcomings of these technologies firsthand.
- Components of a big data application
- Big data app development strategies
- Use cases: archiving audit logs and performing customer analytics
- Technology options
- Designing solutions
- Best practices
Skill Level Advanced
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Intro to Big Data Applications
2. Use Case 1: Data Warehouse (DW)
3. Use Case 2: Log Accumulation (LA)
4. Use Case 3: IT Operations Analytics (OA)
5. Use Case 4: Customer 360 (C360)
6. Use Case 5: Customer Analytics (CA)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.