Analyze the problem statement for the operations analytics use case, and set out the goals to achieve while architecting the solution.
- [Instructor] Let us now look at a use case…for IT Operations Analytics.…It builds up on the previous two use cases…you have seen in this course.…So here is The Problem for you to solve.…Your website has performance issues.…Your users have noticed these slowdowns,…and have reported a worse browsing experience.…Your analysts and IT folks…are tasked to find out the root cause.…They need data for this purpose,…and you need to help them.…
I'll give you some more context.…When a user visits a website,…they are sent to a farm of web servers…frequented by a load balancer.…The load balancer redirects the user…to one of the web servers…where they continue their browsing.…You collect user browsing audit trails.…We did so in use case one.…You also collect performance logs from these web servers.…You will need to now put them together.…
You want to see which user actions…trigger higher server loads.…So here is your goal.…Architect an analytics engine and database…that compares user browsing actions…with corresponding web server performance.…
There is no coding involved. Instead you will see how big data tools can help solve some of the most complex challenges for businesses that generate, store, and analyze large amounts of data. The use cases are drawn from a variety of industries, including ecommerce and IT. Instructor Kumaran Ponnambalam shows how to analyze a problem, draw an architectural outline, choose the right technologies, and finalize the solution. After each use case, he reviews related best practices for data acquisition, transport, processing, storage, and service. Each lesson is rich in practical techniques and insights from a developer who has experienced the benefits and shortcomings of these technologies firsthand.
- Components of a big data application
- Big data app development strategies
- Use cases: archiving audit logs and performing customer analytics
- Technology options
- Designing solutions
- Best practices
Skill Level Advanced
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Intro to Big Data Applications
2. Use Case 1: Data Warehouse (DW)
3. Use Case 2: Log Accumulation (LA)
4. Use Case 3: IT Operations Analytics (OA)
5. Use Case 4: Customer 360 (C360)
6. Use Case 5: Customer Analytics (CA)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.