- [Instructor] If you've been interested in the things…that we've covered in this course, then I can offer…a few recommendations on the next steps you can take…to deepen your understanding of data science…in economics, banking, and finance.…The first step is to get some practice with real data.…Now maybe you have your own data…that would be sufficient for this,…or you can download extensive financial records…from sources like Yahoo or data.gov.…Once you have that data, you're going to want to make sure…you develop your software skills.…
You'll find in our learning library excellent courses…on Excel, the statistical programming language R,…and the general-purpose programming language Python,…which is used extensively in data science.…In addition, you'll want to make sure…that you have a sound understanding of the principles…of statistics and data science,…both of which are covered elsewhere in our library.…And then finally, take the opportunity…to connect with others, either through local meetup groups…or through online discussion groups…
- Examine how and why data science is applied to money.
- Interpret the benefits of algorithmic and human-in-the-loop trading.
- Evaluate how automated application reviews for loans and credit can change.
- Justify how social media can be beneficial to economics.
- Analyze the relationship between cryptocurrencies and data science.
- Interpret the ethical and technical challenges and possibilities of data science.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2018. What changed?
A: A: We added one video on data science careers in economics, banking, and finance.