Learn how data science can help improve network security by analyzing the recent development in the network security market and its movement toward incorporating machine learning and big data analytics technologies. Discover one of the frontiers of networ
- [Voiceover] As cyber threats increase,…more organizations are making network security…as their top priority.…The attacks on the internet are getting more sophisticated…at light speed…while network security vendors are always trying to…catch up with the advances made…in new hacking techniques.…Despite many recent stories of network vulnerabilities…being breached,…it is an encouraging sign that many of the…network security solutions providers…are now moving towards leveraging machine learning…and big data analytics…to enhance their products.…
One of the frontiers of network security…is the field of logging and monitoring.…Many of the software companies offering…network security solutions…are incorporating machine learning…and big data analytics into their product line.…Microsoft is a great example of this trend.…Through their cloud product called Azure,…they offer a machine learning service…on which users can build…their own intrusion detection solutions…or use any of the built-in services…provided by Microsoft.…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.