Learn what network security is. Jungwoo introduces the essential terms and concepts of network security.
- Every now and again,…you may hear of a large cyber attack on a network.…For example, the October 2016 Dyn cyberattack…took down many large services,…such as Amazon, Airbnb, and Netflix.…A cyberattack aims at security vulnerabilities…within a network, and threatens the confidentiality,…integrity, and availability of the network systems.…
As you can imagine, network security is a key component…of preventing, and recovering from,…the cyber security attacks.…The term network and network security refers to…a collection of things connected to one another.…These things can be any devices,…such as your phone, computer, or even a thermostat.…However, all of them must have a unique address…that can be used to direct a message.…
Internet of things, also known as IoT,…is a good example of a network.…There are ample opportunities for attackers…to exploit vulnerable networks.…Network security attempts to minimize vulnerabilities…in an effort to prevent these malicious actors…from inflicting damage.…One thing to note is that…
- Network security concepts
- The basic functions of a firewall
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Using network data to improve security
- Using log servers to collect data
- Collecting application data
- Collecting OS data
- Network forensics
- Network security visualization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Network Security Review
2. Network Data Sources
3. Data Collection
4. Data Analytics
Network forensics2m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.