Learn what network security visualization is. Jungwoo provides the essential terms and concepts of network security visualization.
- Visualization is a crucial element of data science.…It is a primary mechanism used by data scientists…to interpret the results of their data processing…for data consumers.…The same principle applies…to network security visualization.…That is visualization is a critical step…in enabling network security professionals…to make sense of a pile of network traffic data,…or log entries and to extract the information…that is relevant to their daily tasks.…
To be an effective visualization specialist,…in the domain of network security,…you need basic skills as a data scientist.…Which include math and statistics knowledge.…This doesn't mean that you need to be an expert…in data science.…But you should at least be proficient in using…well known statistical tools…such as R and know how to interpret their analysis results.…
Even more important is your domain expertise,…as a network security professional,…which allows you to read between the lines…when examining the information…produced by the scripts you write,…or the software packages you happen to use.…
- Network security concepts
- The basic functions of a firewall
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Using network data to improve security
- Using log servers to collect data
- Collecting application data
- Collecting OS data
- Network forensics
- Network security visualization
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Network Security Review
2. Network Data Sources
3. Data Collection
4. Data Analytics
Network forensics2m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.