- Setting up the development environment
- Building a simple home value estimator
- Finding the best weights automatically
- Working with large data sets efficiently
- Training a supervised machine learning model
- Exploring a home value data set
- Deciding how much data is needed
- Preparing the features
- Training the value estimator
- Measuring accuracy with mean absolute error
- Improving a system
- Using the machine learning model to make predictions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Adam] How do websites automatically determine how much a house is worth? This is an example of using machine learning for value estimation. A machine learning model uses information from other homes sold in the area and produces a value estimate for a different house. Hi, I'm Adam Geitgey and I'd like to welcome you to this course where you'll build a value estimation system that can automatically deduce the value of your house based on its location and characteristics. First, we'll cover how to use training data to build a machine learning model. Then we'll explore how to use that machine learning model in your own programs.
But the skills you'll develop in this course aren't limited to real estate. You can use the exact same approach to solve any kind of value estimation problem with machine learning. Let's dive in.