Learn about what to look forward to within the data science field.
- The future of data science is very bright.…There are new technological breakthroughs happening…almost daily, and this trend will only accelerate.…To be better prepared for what the future will bring us,…it is critical for us to review…representative emerging technologies…in data science and analytics.…These emerging technologies will, in turn,…create new job opportunities.…Therefore, if you can understand the technology trends…well, and use it to focus your education and training,…you will be better positioned in taking advantage…of the new career options resulting…from the advances in technologies.…
As you gain more capabilities as a data science…and analytics expert, you will feel more empowered,…and maybe tempted to abuse your power.…We see this happening all the time.…It is very easy to manipulate your data…and tell an entirely different story,…which is why you need to seriously consider…the ethical aspect of your job…as a data science and analytics professional.…Finally, due to the technology driven nature…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
Learning Data Science: Understanding the Basicswith Doug Rose1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.