- In this section of the course we'll walk you through the three main types of application of cognitive technologies: Product, process, and insight. These are the three types of applications that emerged from our study of more than 100 organizations that had implemented or piloted cognitive technologies. Product applications embed cognitive technologies in a product or service providing in customer benefits like ease of use, simplicity, or automation. For instance, a car infotainment system you can control with your voice or a robotic vacuum cleaner.
Process applications embed the technology in an organization's workflow automating some tasks to get things done faster, better, cheaper, or some combination. For instance, automatically recognizing and processing handwritten forms. Insight applications use advanced analytic capabilities and machine learning to uncover insights to make better operational and strategic decisions. For instance, analyzing customer data to discover the most valuable customer segments. We'll also describe a structured approach you can use to evaluate whether and where to apply cognitive technologies in your organization.
Some problems lend themselves to cognitive technology solutions and others don't. We call this approach the Three Vs framework.
- Artificial intelligence explained
- Cognitive technologies explained
- Supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning
- Machine learning models and algorithms
- Language, speech, and visual processing
- Business applications of cognitive tech
- The impact of cognitive technologies at work
- Future of cognitive technologies