IBM features a variety of edge analytics capabilities, including those tied to its Watson platform. Describing IBM's offerings is important to building solutions.
- [Instructor] Many of you have seen…the game show "Jeopardy",…which has been on television for many years.…Just in case you aren't familiar with the show,…contestants choose from one of several categories…and receive answers to questions…and they have to come up with the correct question…that gives that answer.…So let's play a quick game.…Our category is evolution of technology,…and the answer is IBM Watson.…Are you ready?…The correct question is what was developed…for the game show "Jeopardy",…but has now evolved into the world of edge analytics?…What's true?…Watson, which has grown to be a critical component…of IBM's overall efforts in analytics and data management,…began with the "Jeopardy" game show in mind.…
We'll get back to that in a moment,…but first we should look at what IBM Watson actually is.…Watson, which is named after IBM's founder Thomas Watson,…is a platform for cognitive analytics,…which basically means that Watson brings together…the ability to process natural language,…advanced forms of knowledge representation,…
- Define edge analytics.
- Compare big data analytics and edge analytics.
- Identify examples of edge analytics at work in nature.
- Describe the stages of edge analytics frameworks.
- Explore the EdgeX Foundry framework for edge analytics.
- Provide examples of digital video data refinement and enrichment.
- List classes of analytics typically found in an edge analytics environment.
- Identify the objectives of edge analytics when applied to manufacturing.