Discover ways of using sampling effectively during the modeling phase as a method of speeding up the modeling process while retaining high model accuracy.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to talk about sampling.…I find that a lot of folks are afraid to sample…and there's really no need to be.…First, in most projects that I do these days,…I don't have to worry about sampling…because the models will run in just a few minutes,…even if I have five or 10 million rows.…You get up into tens of millions, it might take 15…or 30 minutes but you'd be surprised how quickly…these models will run.…Secondly, folks are afraid…it's going to introduce some kind of bias.…
It doesn't tend to…and with these techniques I'm about to mention,…you can eliminate that concern.…First, there is a mistake that some folks make…that is easy to avoid.…Let me explain.…If you're looking at my credit card transactions,…it's okay that I'm not included…in the sample of customers that you chose to look at…but if I add 81 credit card transactions last year,…you don't want to sample the transactions…because then when you calculate number…of transactions from it,…you won't get the correct number, 81.…
So, make sure that you're sampling people,…
Note: This course is software agnostic. The emphasis is on strategy and planning. Examples, calculations, and software results shown are for training purposes only.
- Evaluating the proper amount of data
- Assessing data quality and quantity
- Seasonality and time alignment
- Data preparation challenges
- Data modeling challenges
- Scoring machine-learning models
- Deploying models and adjusting data prep and scoring
- Monitoring and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
Machine Learning and AI Foundations: Recommendationswith Adam Geitgey58m 7s Intermediate
Deploying Scalable Machine Learning for Data Sciencewith Dan Sullivan1h 43m Intermediate
Defining terms1m 48s
1. The Phases of a Machine Learning Project
2. Designing a Machine Learning Dataset
3. Data Prep Challenges
4. Modeling Challenges
7. Monitoring and Maintenance
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.