This video describes how some vendors are building their edge analytics solutions around high-performance, analytically-aware servers at the edge of the enterprises.
- [Narrator] When it comes to server technology…being applied to Edge Analytics,…the operative word is Lightweight.…Not necessarily in terms of actual pounds or kilograms,…though many Edge Analytics' servers do…weigh as little as possible to fit into…the environments in which they're being used.…But the term Lightweight applies mainly…because we're trying to have just…enough processing and compute power,…as well as storage and memory to…accomplish what we need to do with The Edge.…Basically, overkill really isn't an option for us.…
Nor should overkill be what we strive for.…You can think of the operative mantra…of Edge Analytics as Just Enough.…And when it comes to servers,…that means just enough processing power,…memory, and storage for our data and our programs.…In case that sounds like a relatively simple proposition,…we do have a complicating factor.…And that is a distinction between what we could call…the actual edge versus a next higher tier,…sometimes referred to as The Fog.…
Some IoT and Edge Analytics' players…
- Define edge analytics.
- Compare big data analytics and edge analytics.
- Identify examples of edge analytics at work in nature.
- Describe the stages of edge analytics frameworks.
- Explore the EdgeX Foundry framework for edge analytics.
- Provide examples of digital video data refinement and enrichment.
- List classes of analytics typically found in an edge analytics environment.
- Identify the objectives of edge analytics when applied to manufacturing.