Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video Examine ethics and unintended consequences, part of The Data Science of Retail, Sales, and Commerce.
- [Instructor] You're working in retail, sales,…and marketing because you have something of value to people…and you want to use data science…so you can deliver your products and services…more effectively and more profitably to your customers.…However, things can go wrong when you're working with data,…because data brings special risks,…and those can cause you unnecessary stress.…So, we're going to talk about some of the things…you need to consider and prepare for…when you're working with data in a commercial setting.…
There are three general categories of risks with data.…Number one is gathering and using data…without explicit consent.…Number two is accidental leaks and losses of data…and the third one is when data is deliberately…stolen or leaked by a third-party.…We'll mention how to deal with each of these…a little bit more.…The first thing you need to know…is that when you're gathering data from people,…it's best if you can get explicit consent from those people,…so they know what you're gathering, why you have it,…
- Data fundamentals
- Retail, sales, and marketing data
- Analyzing consumer sentiment
- Exploring market segmentation
- Evaluating leads and customers
- Getting recommendations from engines
- Pricing dynamically
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/02/2018. What changed?
A: We added one video on data science careers in retail and sales.