Learn newly emerging technologies in data science by analyzing its prominent new trends, such as convergence among cloud computing, big data analytics, and machine learning.
- [Voiceover] Just like many other technology fields,…the discipline of data science…is dynamic and constantly changing.…Therefore, it is a must for a data scientist…to keep refreshing their knowledge to stay relevant.…One of the prominent new trends is the convergence among…cloud computing, big data analytics, and machine learning.…In fact, it's no longer necessary…to provision private resources…housed in your own organization…to deploy a distributed computing solution like Hadoop.…
Various online retail data services,…including warehouses, mining, and analytics,…are already available in the cloud…through vendors like Amazon, IBM, Google, and so on.…This makes it cheaper for companies…to use data science techniques…to solve their business problems,…which in turn increases the demand for data scientists.…Some other salient features,…making these cloud-based data science services…more attractive, are their scalability and ease of use.…
The majority of data scientists no longer have to…worry about data infrastructure and management problems…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
Learning Data Science: Understanding the Basicswith Doug Rose1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.