Analytically aware processors and networking technology at the edge of the enterprise can provide IT with superior intrusion detection and other management capabilities. This video explores this use case.
- [Instructor] It probably won't come as a surprise to you,…when I state that Edge analytics are very useful…and powerful for IT security,…networks and servers in particular.…We'll take a high level look at how Edge analytics…can aid this mission, but we'll do so in the context…of Edge analytics being part of the bigger picture,…alongside other layers of analytics.…The key lesson is, that for all the power and capability…of Edge analytics, they don't necessarily supplant…everything else that has come before.…Instead, Edge analytics are really the most powerful…when they're part of a carefully choreographed portfolio…of capabilities at various levels of an architecture.…
When it comes to network and server security,…our number one objective is the detection and prevention…of threats against our entire portfolio…of systems and applications,…many of which are mission critical.…We need to catch attempts to insert malware,…viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and all sorts of other…malicious software into our environment,…
- Define edge analytics.
- Compare big data analytics and edge analytics.
- Identify examples of edge analytics at work in nature.
- Describe the stages of edge analytics frameworks.
- Explore the EdgeX Foundry framework for edge analytics.
- Provide examples of digital video data refinement and enrichment.
- List classes of analytics typically found in an edge analytics environment.
- Identify the objectives of edge analytics when applied to manufacturing.