Learn what EMC Data Science Associate certification is and how to get certified by analyzing its requirements, relevance to data science, and other details.
- [Voiceover] EMC is a company whose core business…is Data Storage, Cloud Computing, Virtualization,…Data Analytics and Information Security.…The company offers the EMC proven…Professional Certification Program…which houses the EMC Data Science Associate…Certification, or EMCDSA.…This certification requires one exam which tests…a candidate's knowledge on virtualization,…data analytics, and the role of a data scientist.…
Once obtained the EMC Data Science Associate Certification…does not expire.…There are other EMC certifications related to…this certification such as…EMC Data Center Architect, or EMCDCA,…and EMC Cloud Architect or EMCCA.…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
Learning Data Science: Understanding the Basicswith Doug Rose1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.