Learn how data science can help online dating services by analyzing how they are leveraging big data analytics. Explore how the online dating companies are tracking the behaviors of their candidates on the internet, which may run the risk of fabricated on
- [Voiceover] These days, it is commonplace…for people to find their love online.…There are a number…of online dating services available today.…To name a few, eHarmony, Match.com,…and OkCupid are those.…There are various methods used by these companies…to find the right matches for clients seeking their love.…For instance, some online dating services…use a match percentage to decide on…how similar two individuals are.…
The match percentage is typically calculated…by the similarities…found between answers to a questionnaire.…The answers to the questions are weighted…depending on their importance.…For example, a question on the level of education…is more highly weighted than those on music preference.…Other online dating services…use a more sophisticated method,…such as a compatibility predicted model.…The leaders of online dating providers are now starting…to adopt big data analytics to enhance the quality…of their services.…
Match.com has collected more than 70 terabytes…of data on their customers.…According to Match.com, big data analytics allowed them…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.