- [Narrator] When you exchange money,…there's a lot of potential intermediaries involved,…hence time and risk.…And the same thing is true when you carry out contracts.…There are a lot of potential slippage points,…but what if you could exchange money…in a way that was direct, secure, and decentralized?…And what if you could have contracts…automatically regulated and executed?…Well, those are some of the surprising things…that'd become possible advent in evolution…of cryptographic currencies, or cryptocurrencies.…
Now, I want to point out that there are…other sources here on prominent elements…of cryptocurrencies such as; the specifics of Bitcoin,…one of the most common forms of cryptocurrency,…and the technicalities of the blockchain technology,…which underlie it. I don't intend to discuss those here.…Instead, I want to discuss just a couple…of potentially significant ways that the technologies…of cryptocurrencies relate to data science…and economics, finance, and banking.…First off, let's start with this.…
In case you're not familiar, what is a cryptocurrency?…
- Examine how and why data science is applied to money.
- Interpret the benefits of algorithmic and human-in-the-loop trading.
- Evaluate how automated application reviews for loans and credit can change.
- Justify how social media can be beneficial to economics.
- Analyze the relationship between cryptocurrencies and data science.
- Interpret the ethical and technical challenges and possibilities of data science.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2018. What changed?
A: A: We added one video on data science careers in economics, banking, and finance.