Learn what Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist certification is and how to get certified by analyzing its requirement, relevance to data science, and other details.
- [Voiceover] Cloudera offers four big data related certifications. They are Cloudera Certified Professional or CCP data scientist. Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop or CCDH. Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop or CCAH. And Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase or CCSHB. The CCP Data Scientist certification proves that an individual is capable of, providing distributed computing solutions that are scalable and robust.
In particular, a candidate needs to pass separate exams on descriptive and inferential statistics on big data. Advanced analytical techniques on big data. And machine learning at scale. Each exam is scenario based, and challenges individuals by presenting them with big diverse and unstructured data sets. Applicants, must provide their solutions, within a time limit.
Cloudera certifications don't expire.
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and analytics, explores which markets are using big data the most, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the four leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why analytics is important
- How data science is used in social media, climate research, and more
- Data science skills
- Data science certifications
- The future of big data