Learn what Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Scientist certification is and how to get certified by analyzing its requirements, relevance to data science, and other details.
- [Voiceover] Cloudera offers…four big data related certifications.…They are Cloudera Certified Professional…or CCP data scientist.…Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop or CCDH.…Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop or CCAH.…And Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase or CCSHB.…The CCP Data Scientist certification proves…that an individual is capable of,…providing distributed computing solutions…that are scalable and robust.…
In particular, a candidate needs to pass separate exams…on descriptive and inferential statistics on big data.…Advanced analytical techniques on big data.…And machine learning at scale.…Each exam is scenario based,…and challenges individuals by presenting…them with big diverse and unstructured data sets.…Applicants, must provide their solutions,…within a time limit.…
Cloudera certifications don't expire.…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and its subfields, explores the marketplaces for these fields, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the six leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why data analytics is important
- How data science is used in fraud detection, disease control, network security, and other fields
- Data science skills
- Data science roles
- Data science certifications
- The future of data science
Skill Level Beginner
Insights on Data Science: Lillian Piersonwith Lillian Pierson, P.E.23m 51s Intermediate
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.