- [Instructor] So now that you've learned about…the possibilities of data science in economics,…and banking and finance the obvious question is…what can you do about it,…or what can you do with it,…and how can you get paid doing that?…If you want to get a job working as a data scientist,…or doing data science work in these fields…there are a few things that you're going to need,…and here's what they are.…Number one, you're going to need some information…about the jobs that are available.…You're going to need to develop your qualifications,…so you can match the job ads.…
Your needs are going to acquire the relevant experience,…so you can show people that you're able to do the work,…and then, finally, you're going to need to develop…the connections that both support you…in your professional development,…and can lead to the employment that you're looking for.…Let's start with the first one.…Information about jobs, specifically, what do you need.…You need to know what jobs are available.…What kinds of qualifications and experience are listed?…
- Examine how and why data science is applied to money.
- Interpret the benefits of algorithmic and human-in-the-loop trading.
- Evaluate how automated application reviews for loans and credit can change.
- Justify how social media can be beneficial to economics.
- Analyze the relationship between cryptocurrencies and data science.
- Interpret the ethical and technical challenges and possibilities of data science.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2018. What changed?
A: A: We added one video on data science careers in economics, banking, and finance.