Learn about some key design issues and recommendations for the individual components within the customer 360 use case.
- [Instructor] We will now get into some final details…about how we will design individual…modules in the architecture.…These are some best practices…recommended to be followed…for each of the products being used.…We will first discuss some final points…in Cassandra design.…Cassandra's performance is significantly impacted…by how its partitions are designed to work.…Design your partitions such that…most frequent read operations…use minimal number of partitions.…
In our use case, most read operation…happen by the specific customer ID.…Spread the data evenly between partitions.…Data is spread between partitions…based on the unique key for the record.…In our use case, it is the customer ID.…Do not use an increasing auto-generated number…as the primary key, since it will create clutter…as partitions only be filled one by one.…
Instead, use a random key, like a UUID,…or name or email,…so that records get spread evenly.…Cassandra allows creation of groups.…If group names are part of the primary key,…there will be better performance.…
There is no coding involved. Instead you will see how big data tools can help solve some of the most complex challenges for businesses that generate, store, and analyze large amounts of data. The use cases are drawn from a variety of industries, including ecommerce and IT. Instructor Kumaran Ponnambalam shows how to analyze a problem, draw an architectural outline, choose the right technologies, and finalize the solution. After each use case, he reviews related best practices for data acquisition, transport, processing, storage, and service. Each lesson is rich in practical techniques and insights from a developer who has experienced the benefits and shortcomings of these technologies firsthand.
- Components of a big data application
- Big data app development strategies
- Use cases: archiving audit logs and performing customer analytics
- Technology options
- Designing solutions
- Best practices
Skill Level Advanced
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Intro to Big Data Applications
2. Use Case 1: Data Warehouse (DW)
3. Use Case 2: Log Accumulation (LA)
4. Use Case 3: IT Operations Analytics (OA)
5. Use Case 4: Customer 360 (C360)
6. Use Case 5: Customer Analytics (CA)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.