- Distinguish between the different stages of business analytics.
- Identify the movement of data during business analytics.
- Examine prescriptive analytics tools and techniques.
- Explain experimental analysis tools and techniques.
- Identify factors that should be considered when using A/B testing.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] My name is Kumaran Ponnambalam. Welcome to this Business Analytics Foundations course, covering Predictive, Prescriptive, and Experimental Analytics. Business analytics is a field of technology which is gaining an increasing role in driving businesses. This course is an introductory overview to business analytics. I will start off by giving you basic definitions, distinctions and the process of business analytics.
Then I will cover the last three stages in business analytics dealing with predicting the future and improving businesses. Namely, predictive, prescriptive and experimental analytics. For each stage I will explore definitions, process, tools and techniques and best practices. I will use an email campaign use case throughout the course to show you how analytics is executed in each of the stages.
I hope this course helps you to apply the use cases learned in your business to acquire and keep your customers.