- Describe how to work with data.
- Apply machine learning principles.
- Distinguish different types of machine learning.
- Identify problems that use machine learning.
- Create decision trees.
- Explain how to select the best algorithm.
Skill Level Beginner
- Machine learning is one of the most active areas in artificial intelligence. That's partly due to the explosion of big data, but it's also because of huge advances in machine learning algorithms. We now have machines that can learn to drive cars, search for new pharmaceuticals, and even be expert players in games that require complex strategy and creativity. These abilities are just the beginning. Machines are getting better at tasks that, in the past, could only be accomplished by humans.
Machines are learning how to make better judgments through pattern matching and strategic decision-making. This course will give you a high-level overview of machine learning concepts and technology. You'll see how machines learn, then you'll see some of the most widely used machine learning algorithms. Finally, you'll get some ideas on how to select the best algorithm. Many organizations are taking advantage of this technology and say that one of the biggest obstacles is finding employees that are knowledgeable about machine learning.
This isn't just for data scientists, but also for managers, and even executives who could benefit from knowing more about this technology. That's why this course is designed for mangers, entrepreneurs, students, or professionals who want to better understand machine learning. You'll see how machine learning fits into the overall world of artificial intelligence, then you'll see how to harness this new technology to make better decisions and find patterns in your data.
So let's see what those machines have been up to in the world of machine learning.