When you write software, it is important to test your code in an automated way. How can we do this in Dart? This is what this video is all about.
- [Narrator] Hi, and welcome to this section…on testing our code.…In software development, it is very important…to test your code and to catch the bugs…as early as possible.…In the previous section, we learned…about Dart language's advanced features.…In this section we will explain how we can create tests…in Dart and, also, how to automate it.…We will be learning unit and browser testing.…Also, we will be working with continuous integration tools…for Dart.…
Now, we move onto the first video of this section…that deals with unit testing.…Writing tests is very important in software development.…It will help you understand if there's something wrong…in your code.…In this video, we're going to take a look…at how to install with dependencies,…how development dependencies work,…and, also, how you can write a proper test.…In pub.dartlang.org,…you can look for dependencies.…In our case, we need the package test.…
Now, let's add it to pubspec.yaml.…This package is only needed during development.…So, this is a development dependency.…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications