We, as a user, want to interact with a server, because we want to configure our application without changing our code. The first step for this is creating a REST API. In this video, we are going to describe how you can create a REST API in Dart.
- [Instructor] Hi, and welcome…to the section on Managing Our World.…It is great having you here, great job already.…In the previous section we learned…about various testing strategies.…In this section we will see how we can set up…a server side infrastructure, how we can manage…the way our world in the game looks like…by changing the data in a NoSQL database…and asking for data with a REST API.…We will first set up a REST API.…Then we will look at how to manage MongoDB.…
We will then look in how to write basic queries…for MongoDB, and last, we will connect…everything together in our application.…Now we move onto the first video of this section…that deals with setting up a REST API.…In this video we're going to take…a look at the basics of Dart IO.…We will see how to use shelf and RPC…to create some REST endpoints.…Then we will return JSON data with our REST API.…
First of all we're going to create a file, server.dart,…and we're going to add it into a folder called lib.…Later on we will see y added it into folder lib.…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications