We want to respond to commands and go over all the options. The viewer needs to get a better view on what we are going to build. We will show the viewer how they can respond to commands with the if statement and the switch statement in Dart.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Welcome to the third video of this section.…In the previous video, we learned how to add and adapt…the layer in our application.…In this video, we're going to take a look…at how to respond to an input command.…Also, how you can use if and switch statements in your code.…We can also extend our sample application…with some awesome new code.…If statements and switch statements…are the conditional statements.…These are the basic concepts…that you will find in a lot of other programs as well.…
It is similar to a control flow graph.…First of all, I want to tell you…that we're going to create MUD throughout the course.…MUD stands for Multi-User Dungeon…and is a game where we are going to navigate…in a world and encounter the other obstacles, enemies.…Basically, we can experience an adventure.…First of all, we're going to set up the basics.…We are only going to accept left, right, up, down commands.…We can write an if-else construction for this.…
We can start with creating a variable called output value.…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications