When you want to enhance the class with new functionality, you can extend from a base class, but if you also have other functionality enhancements, this is not possible anymore. That is when mixins come into place.
- [Narrator] Hi, good job, you came this far.…Welcome to the video on Mixins.…In the previous video we looked at how to use…null aware operators to reduce the amount of code…when you need null checks.…In this video we're going to take a look at mixins.…First, we're going to look at the semantics and syntax…of mixins, then we will use it in our game.…Mixins is an enhancement of functionality…for your class definition.…A class can have a lot of mixins.…
A mixin can be added to your class with the keyword with.…You can use mixins to help in injecting behavior…into your classes without using inheritance.…Mixin, a very handy to avoid code duplication.…Mixin are implicitly defined via ordinary class declaration.…The only restriction is that you are not allowed…to define a constructor in the mixin class.…In the example we have a class Cehicle that extends…the Move object with the enhanced functionality…of the Engine and Wheels.…
Dart 1.13 and greater supports mixins that can extend…from the classes other than Object and can call Super.…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications