The previous game setting needs to be loaded when we want to visit another browser. This video will explain how to load a file into a browser.
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome…to the video on loading a game file.…Great to have you here, at the last video of this section.…In the previous video, we looked at how…to download a game setting file.…In this video, we are going to take a look…at how to load this game setting file…back into our application.…We will look at the file input field in HTML,…and how do we anticipate it in our Dart code.…
Finally, we will see how to read the content…of the file into our web application,…and then update our game according…to the content of the file.…The input field is being defined by adding a type attribute…to input with as value file.…With the file reader API, we can let web applications…read the content of files or raw data buffers…asynchronously, using a blob or file object,…to specify the file or the data to read.…
Important methods on the file reader object are:…readAsArrayBuffer, readAsDataUrl,…readAsText.…In our HTML file, we need to define a file input field.…That field helps us to select a file on our file system.…
Dart is a new open-source programming language for the web. It is a single language for both client and server that can be used to build large-scale web, server, and mobile applications. Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools—let Dart show you a whole new way! In this course, author Joris Hermans guides you into the wonderful world of web development with the dartlang programming language. By following along, you get a more mature sense of how to build a great application and see all the facets needed to reach that goal.
Learn the important language features of Dart, along with some advanced features such as mixins and null-aware operators. Later on, see how to use unit tests, work with browser APIs, and set up of a web server. Finally, take a look at Angular 2, a great front-end framework also built by Google.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to start or enhance your career in web development with Dart.
- Installing Dart
- Creating a basic web application with Dart
- Creating DOM interactions
- Creating classes and objects
- Implementing a library
- Using parameters, null-aware operators, and mixins
- Testing your code
- Setting up APIs
- Using Dart localStorage
- Working with AngularJS
- Troubleshooting Dart applications